What Will You Learn?
- English language proficiency refers to one's ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language. Proficiency levels vary from beginner to advanced, with intermediate being the most common level. The level of proficiency is determined based on one's knowledge and use of grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and comprehension skills.
- English language proficiency can be categorized into six levels, from A1 to C2, based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The CEFR is an international standard that provides a comprehensive description of language proficiency levels and their corresponding skills.
- At the beginner level, A1, an individual has basic knowledge and understanding of English and can communicate simple information and ideas in everyday situations. At the A2 level, which is considered the beginner/elementary level, one can use more complex language structures and communicate in routine situations, such as ordering food at a restaurant.
- At the intermediate level, B1, an individual can handle a wide range of social and professional situations and can express themselves fluently in most everyday situations. At the B2 level, which is considered the upper-intermediate level, one can understand complex texts and express themselves clearly and effectively in most social and professional situations.
- At the advanced level, C1, an individual has a good command of English and can understand complex texts and express themselves with a high degree of fluency and accuracy. Finally, at the highest level, C2, one has near-native fluency and can easily handle complex academic and professional tasks.
- In summary, the level of English language proficiency varies from beginner to advanced, with intermediate being the most common level. The CEFR provides a standardized way of measuring proficiency levels, ranging from A1 to C2, based on an individual's knowledge and use of grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and comprehension skills.
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet